Lesson: Implementing Your Own Permission
This lesson demonstrates how to write a class that defines its own special permission. The basic components in this lesson include:
- A sample game called ExampleGame.
- A class called HighScore, which is used by
ExampleGameto store a user's latest high score.
- A class called HighScorePermission, which is used to protect access to the user's stored high score value.
- A user's security policy file, which grants permission to
ExampleGameto update his/her high score.
The basic scenario is as follows:
- A user plays
- If the user reaches a new high score,
HighScoreclass to save this new value.
HighScoreclass looks into the user's security policy to check if
ExampleGamehas permission to update the user's high score value.
ExampleGamehas permission to update the high score, then the HighScore class updates that value.
We describe the key points of each of the basic components and then show a sample run: