6.12. pam_issue - add issue file to user prompt
pam_issue.so [ noesc ] [ issue=
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using \x format).
- current day
- name of this tty
- machine architecture (uname -m)
- machine's network node hostname (uname -n)
- domain name of this system
- release number of operating system (uname -r)
- current time
- operating system name (uname -s)
- number of users currently logged in
- same as \u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users")
- operating system version and build date (uname -v)
- Turns off escape code parsing.
- The file to output if not using the default.
auth module type is provided.
- Memory buffer error.
- The prompt was already changed.
- A service module error occurred.
- The new prompt was set successfully.