Release Notes for MongoDB 1.6
On this page
MongoDB 1.6 is a drop-in replacement for 1.4. To upgrade, simply shutdown
mongod then restart with the new binaries.
Please note that you should upgrade to the latest version of whichever driver you’re using. Certain drivers, including the Ruby driver, will require the upgrade, and all the drivers will provide extra features for connecting to replica sets.
Replica sets, which provide automated failover among a cluster of
n nodes, are also now available.
Please note that replica pairs are now deprecated; we strongly recommend that replica pair users upgrade to replica sets.
wtimeout) forces writes to be propagated to
nservers before returning success (this works especially well with replica sets)
- $or queries
- Improved concurrency
- $slice operator for returning subsets of arrays
- 64 indexes per collection (formerly 40 indexes per collection)
- 64-bit integers can now be represented in the shell using NumberLong
findAndModifycommand now supports upserts. It also allows you to specify fields to return
- $showDiskLoc option to see disk location of a document
- Support for IPv6 and UNIX domain sockets