Release Notes for MongoDB 2.6
On this page
April 8, 2014
MongoDB 2.6 is now available. Key features include aggregation enhancements, text-search integration, query-engine improvements, a new write-operation protocol, and security enhancements.
- Fixed issue with MMAPv1 journaling where the “last sequence number” file (
lsnfile) may be ahead of what is synced to the data files: SERVER-22261 .
- Fixed issue that permitted the creation of new role with the same name as a built-in role: SERVER-19284 .
- Fixed issue where some index operations running during an active migration may cause the migration operation to skip some documents: SERVER-22535 .
- All issues closed in 2.6.12
- Improvements to query plan ranking SERVER-17815
- Improved ability for
mongosto detect replica set failover and correctly route read operations to the new primary SERVER-18280
- Improved reporting of queries in
db.currentOp()and the database profiler SERVER-16265
- All issues closed in 2.6.11
- Improve user cache invalidation enforcement on
- Provide correct rollbacks for collection creation SERVER-18211
- Allow user inserts into the
- Fix to query system to ensure non-negation predicates get chosen over negation predicates for multikey index bounds construction SERVER-18364
- All issues closed in 2.6.10
- Resolve connection handling related crash with
- Add server parameter to configure idle cursor timeout SERVER-8188
- Remove duplicated (orphan) documents from aggregation pipelines with
_idqueries in sharded clusters SERVER-17426
- Fixed crash in
geoNearqueries with multiple
- All issues closed in 2.6.9
listCollectionscommand functionality to 2.6 shell and client SERVER-17087
clonecommands can crash the server if a primary steps down SERVER-16599
- Secondary fasserts trying to replicate an index SERVER-16274
- Query optimizer should always use equality predicate over unique index when possible SERVER-15802
- All issues closed in 2.6.8