The MongoDB 3.6 Manual
Welcome to the MongoDB 3.6 Manual! MongoDB is a document database designed for ease of development and scaling. The Manual introduces key concepts in MongoDB, presents the query language, and provides operational and administrative considerations and procedures as well as a comprehensive reference section. The manual is also available as HTML tar.gz and EPUB .
MongoDB offers both a Community and an Enterprise version of the database:
- MongoDB Community is the source available and free to use edition of MongoDB.
- MongoDB Enterprise is available as part of the MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription and includes comprehensive support for your MongoDB deployment. MongoDB Enterprise also adds enterprise-focused features such as LDAP and Kerberos support, on-disk encryption, and auditing.
MongoDB also offers Atlas , a hosted MongoDB Enterprise service option in the cloud which requires no installation overhead and offers a free tier to get started.
The Manual documents both MongoDB Community and Enterprise features and functionality.
- ➤ MongoDB 3.6 Released
For summary of new features in MongoDB 3.6, see Release Notes for MongoDB 3.6.
To download the MongoDB 3.6, go to the MongoDB Download Center
- ➤ University Course
- M036 introduces the key 3.6 features.
MongoDB provides a Getting Started Guide in the following editions.
Once you complete the Getting Started Guide, you may find the following topics useful.
Getting involved in the MongoDB community is a great way to build relationships with other talented and like minded engineers, increase awareness for the interesting work that you are doing, and sharpen your skills. To learn about the MongoDB community, see Get Involved with MongoDB .
For questions, discussions, or general technical support, visit the MongoDB Community Forums . The MongoDB Community Forums are a centralized place to connect with other MongoDB users, ask questions, and get answers.
For technical support questions, please file a ticket through the MongoDB Support Portal .
For technical support questions, please log into your MongoDB Cloud account and open a support ticket.
For instructions on how to file a JIRA ticket for the MongoDB server or one of the related projects, see https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/wiki/Submit-Bug-Reports .
In addition to the documentation, there are many ways to learn to use MongoDB. You can:
The manual is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License
For information on MongoDB licensing, see MongoDB Licensing .
- MongoDB, Inc.
- The company behind MongoDB.
- MongoDB Atlas
- Database as a service.
- MongoDB Cloud Manager
- A cloud-based hosted operations management solution for MongoDB.
- MongoDB Ops Manager
- Enterprise operations management solution for MongoDB: includes Automation, Backup, and Monitoring.
- MongoDB Ecosystem
- The documentation available for the drivers, frameworks, tools, and services for use with MongoDB.